News, updates & events
We are recruiting for an experienced Events Manager to organise and manage our second Primary Science International Conference in June 2019.
This is a varied and demanding role which will require the successful candidate to manage competing priorities and deliver the event to time and budget.
Duties will include the following:
- To organise and manage the Primary Science Teaching Trust International Conference.
- To coordinate ‘project teams’ to ensure deadlines and deliverables are met to schedule.
- To contribute to and support the delivery of the event marketing strategy.
- To liaise and build relationships with stakeholders.
- To be the main point of contact for the venue and general event enquires.
- To organise the gala dinner and the social programme.
- To promote and manage ticket sales via EventBrite
- To draft and proof copy for event marketing material.
- To update the conference website (training will be given).
- To organise and attend event working group meetings.
- To provide written and verbal reports when required.
- To monitor budget expenditure alongside the Head of Finance.
- Demonstrable experience in event management
- Ability to produce communications for different audiences
- To be creative and pro-active in reaching different audiences
- Strong organisation skills
- Proven ability to work as part of team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications, email, web and general office systems
- Ability to be discreet and protect confidentiality
- Flexibility/initiative with ability to manage changing priorities and prioritise effectively
- Events and/or marketing background
- Project management experience
- Experience of fundraising and/or sponsorship
- Knowledge of UK primary science education
This is a full-time position, based in central Bristol on a 2.5-year contract basis.
Closing date: 24th April
Interviews: to be held W.C. 1st May
Start Date: May 2017
This role is being advertised with Juice Recruitment. To apply please email your CV and a short cover letter to Holly at email@example.comFor more information on our flagship Primary Science International Conference, please visit our conference website www.primaryscienceconference.org