The Uckfield Satellite Cluster
A PSTT Cluster Network in the Uckfield locality, East Sussex
Following the success of the original PSTT Cluster established in the Uckfield area, the schools in the locality and the PSTT Fellow have worked in conjunction with the WEALD EIP to form a Satellite Cluster. This innovative approach to the programme and funding structure is explorative; it will feed into the work of the Trust as well as extend the existing collaboration.
Please complete the Contact Us form if you wish to discuss any potential involvement with this Cluster.
Dallington Church of England Primary School
Five Ashes Primary School
Mark Cross CEA Primary School
Parkside Community Primary School
Stonegate CE Primary School
The Vision and Aims
The intended outcomes of the Cluster are:
- To develop a second group of science subject leaders who meet regularly.
- To develop strategies to develop children’s ability to pose scientific questions.
- To develop strategies for teaching the different science enquiry skills.
- To secure subject leader’s understanding of science assessment.
- To develop a program of moderation of science across schools.
- Children’s enthusiasm for science grows.
- Children can confidently pose a variety of questions, including those which could be investigated.
- There are different science enquiries are taking place within schools.
- The amount of children achieving the age related requirements of the National Curriculum increases.
- There are some children achieving beyond the requirements of the National Curriculum.
This will be achieved through building confidence and trust between the professionals and developing a long-term plan which can be broken down into small steps, of which the impact can be measured.