The Denbighshire Cluster
A PSTT Cluster Network in Denbighshire, North Wales
Formed by the PSTT Regional Mentor for North Wales with a group of 5 schools, this is the first Welsh Cluster in the programme. Building upon their previous work and involvement together, the schools aim to use the opportunities ahead to establish a long-lasting collaboration, raise the profile of science education and have a beneficial impact both on their locality and beyond the Cluster.
Cluster Leads: This Cluster is jointly led by PSTT Fellow, Kathy Schofield and local teacher, Chris Winn
Please complete the Contact Us form if you wish to discuss any potential involvement with this Cluster.
Ysgol Clawdd Offa
By Plas Morfa Farm
Bodnant Community School
The Vision and Aims
- To excite pupils to see real life applications of science as well as the many opportunities science can offer.
- To enable all children to experience the same STEM activities with quality resources – leading to embedded science and STEM within the cluster.
- To also organise and host the First Lego League in North Wales, establishing Lego STEM within this region involving all year groups across all schools – by engaging effectively with the Institution of Engineering and Technology and Lego Stem to ensure the relationship will be sustainable and evolve throughout North Wales.
- To improve the continuity of science as well as STEM throughout the cluster in addition to developing an engaging further transition projects between phases.
- To use the funding provided to purchase resources that will inspire pupils to actively seek out solutions in real life applications and release the science leaders to develop a new transition project.
We aim to achieve these through:
- The overall outcome is to work with the other schools to introduce PSTT resources and ultimately for the Cluster to produce its own resources linked to the Welsh curriculum to be shared across Wales. The initial starting point is the Lego challenge and the collegiate projects linked to it.