Where the story of Titanic meets science enquiry
This will help me put science right back into my curriculum ... a fantastic resource full of wonderful practical ideas!
CLICK HERE TO BUY!
This resource tells the story of the Titanic through practical enquiry based science.
It demonstrates how science played a pivotal role during the key moments in the history of the world’s most famous ship. By following the science of the Titanic, children explore a series of exciting practical investigations, with accompanying historical narrative.
Titanic Science has been written by teachers for teachers, therefore it is designed to support, empower and inspire teachers to deliver high quality and engaging science lessons. Individual investigations can be used to highlight scientific concepts, or the whole resource can be used to examine the full story of the Titanic. As a multi-disciplinary resource, it will also provide material for other curriculum areas, such as creative writing, history and numeracy.
The book includes:
- Clear learning intentions for each investigation.
- Science context section outlining the scientific phenomena of each investigation.
- Comprehensive list of equipment you may need.
- Easy instructions on how to set up and carry out the investigations.
- Key questions provide teachers with useful prompts to assist children in their investigations.
- ‘Titanic Trivia’.
- Extension and enrichment activities.
- Recording sheets - allowing more time for enquiry.
- Beautiful, authentic photographs of the Titanic.
Find below Curriculum Grids for Titanic Science, mapped to the Welsh, English and Scottish curricula.