teaching science in the foundation stage
Explores how science fits into the early learning goals and what it is like to teach science to a foundation class. This unit has been created with the help of SCIcentre: National Centre for Initial Teacher Training in Primary School Science and the University of Leicester School of Education: Tina Jarvis and Wendy Suschitzky.
This PDU is intended to show how science can be included in the Foundation Stage. The PDU starts with:
- Visiting a Foundation Stage setting
- How science fits into the areas of the Early Learning Goals
- Why we should teach science at the Foundation Stage
- What science is like in a Foundation classroom
- What science topics could be covered